Certified Behavior Technician
Looking for an opportunity to make a difference?
Northwest Autism Center is currently searching for passionate, dedicated individuals to join our stellar team of Behavior Technicians to provide ABA services to individuals with autism and other intellectual disabilities. We currently have full-time and part-time positions available (10 – 32+ hours per week) in our community-based programs. Employees in this program could be located in our Day Clinic, school, or in-home environments.
As a Behavior Technician, you will serve individuals with a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and focus on skill development and behavior change using Applied Behavior Analysis. You will work directly under a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA) to implement 1:1 programming with clients. Duties will include implementing intervention, ongoing data collection and graphing, behavior management and support, and collaboration with staff and families.
What We Offer:
- PAID training to become a Certified Behavior Technician! (takes about 4-8 weeks to complete) SIGN-ON BONUS for those who already hold their RBT or CBT!!
- Retention bonus after 1 year of employment
- Health Insurance, paid vacation, and paid sick leave for full-time individuals
- Paid sick leave and flexible schedules for community-based individuals
- Opportunity for BCBA field supervision hours
- Gain experience working with individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Training provided in Applied Behavior Analysis
- Collaborative, research based, clinical and community-based environments
- ABA career mentorship and support
- Experience working with children
- Ability to pass the Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) exam, and the Certified Behavior Technician (CBT) background checks.
- Background in special education, psychology, or a related field
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow directions and respond to corrective feedback
- Commitment to principles of Behavior Analysis
- Reliable transportation to travel between clinics and/or community-based environments
- Physically capable and able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to work a minimum of 20 hours per week
- For community-based positions, must be available to work any hours M – F 8am – 7pm. Schedules will be regular and based on client need.
- RBT or CBT certification (will be given first consideration in selection process)
- Experience and/or coursework in ABA and autism
- Experience providing services to children with autism or other disabilities
- Experience in implementation of ABA programming
- Experience working closely with parents and families
- Pursuing a career in Special Education, Behavior Analysis, Psychology, or related field
Northwest Autism Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.